DAY THIRTY: STRENGTH TRAINING #1
push strength training session
- Recap: You have 2 areas that you will be pushing for 100% compliance with for this push week: 1.) 100% compliance with the new nutritional protocol (link below to the guide if you still need to download it) and; 2.) 100% on getting in your Tuesday (push), Thursday (pull) and Saturday (lower body) Strength Training
- Note for strength training: Use the same exercises you picked last week
- Make sure that the 10th rep of each set is hard! You should be able to do maybe 1 more rep after. Once the weight becomes 'easy' enough that you could have done 2-3 reps more after the 10th rep on all 3 sets, it's time to increase the weight!
- You can increase the weight at whatever increment feels the most comfortable to you (usually 2.5-5lbs for an upper body exercise, and 5-10lbs for a lower body exercise).
- DO NOT hang at the same weight for weeks if it becomes 'easy' as described above or you will not get continuous results.
- If you increase the weight and can't do 10 reps, it's alright. Keep trying to do one more rep each workout until you get to the point with all 3 sets again as described previously.
- **15 min strolls are optional but highly recommended on the days you aren't strength training to aid recovery and reduce stress**
- Task 1: Post in the Day 30 post as part of your daily morning ritual, the answers to these questions: 1.) What was the first thought and feeling that you had after doing your morning affirmations? 2.) Think about something you are grateful for, something that makes you smile :-), no matter how big or small, and write what that thing is. Don't be shy! 3.) How will you live by THE CODE today (is there an area you are working on)? 4.) Read your personal vision statement and tell me what thoughts and feelings you are having about it today.
- ****5.) What percentage of compliance do you have with your nutrition so far this week?
- ****6.) Describe the progress you've made in cultivating that one thing/habit/commitment that will get you to (or make sure you maintain) 85% or higher on your weekly self assessment
- (ANSWER THIS QUESTION POST WORKOUT - NO VIDEO THIS WEEK)
- ****7.) Share a surprising, interesting, or funny thought you had while strength training